Director of Youth, Young Adult, Media Ministries
June 01, 2017
The Director of Youth, College Students, Young Adults (under 35) and Media guides the vision and direction of the youth and young adult programming of the Church, while also working with staff and the communication team to create videos, and effectively utilize social media to be consistent with the mission of the Church.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
- Plans and administers programming and projects for youth group, including Wednesday night youth, Sunday night youth, Sunday School, mission trips.
- Plans and administers programming and projects for young adults, including Sunday School, mission trips and small group formation.
- Recruits, trains, equips and leads volunteers to assist the administration of youth and young adult programming.
- Counsels, mentors and provides companionship for youth and young adults.
- Administers “Safe Sanctuaries Policy” adopted by SMUMC with respect to youth and young adult ministries.
- Provides worship service participation and support.
- Administers, monitors, and responds to the social media platforms of the church to keep congregation aware of pertinent information .
- Works with staff and communications team to produce media that augments the messaging series or relays information to the congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. (Preferred)
- One to two years of related work experience. (Preferred)
- Ability to understand and analyze complex information and to modify existing methods or procedures. May serve as a training resource to others.
- Ability to resolve controversies and persuade others by presentation or personal communication to adopt a course of action which may differ from their initial positions.
- Ability to adapt or create guidelines, policies, and procedures, and apply original and independent thinking to resolve problems.
- Regular interaction to resolve mutual problems and to collaborate or cooperate on work procedures and team projects.
- Responsible for determination and design of major projects and programs. Contributes to overall plans and strategies.
- Ability to effectively communicate details of youth and young adult ministries to the congregation through the Internet, posted advertisements and public speaking engagements.
Job Posting: St. Matthews United Methodist Church is a growing church in Louisville with multiple venues and is seeking a Director of Youth/Young Adult, Media ministries. Our ideal candidate will guide the vision and direction of the youth and young adult programming of the Church, and works with staff and the communication team to create videos and make consistent use of social media consistent with the mission of the Church. This is a 30 hour per week part-time position, pay commensurate with skill level and experience. Interested persons should email email@example.com