COVID-19: Administrative & Financial Resources
Your Administrative Teams (CFA, BOP, and BOT) and staff have been diligently working to listen, understand, and prayerfully consider the financial stresses the COVID-19 pandemic may be introducing into our churches. In response to these unusual times, below you will find a collection of announcements and resources related to Conference financial and administrative decisions, as well as resources from other trusted partners. This page will be updated, as needed.
Conference Financial News
- For March and April 2020, CFA is reducing the Our Mission Covenant “ask” of local churches from 11% to 0%.
- Beginning in April and continuing through June, the BOP is waiving the monthly “church share” of health insurance for active plan participants.
For a fuller explanation of these actions, please see the below resources:
- Video from Bishop Fairley and David Garvin: I strongly encourage you to watch the full video; the financial announcement begins at the 5:40 mark of the video.
- CFA and BOP FAQ Sheet: For additional information related to the above actions please read the linked document.
Local Churches can now use the Conference's Online Giving Platform to receive offerings: This service will be free of charge to local churches for the months of April through June 2020. To get started: Visit the Online Giving site and read the full FAQ Sheet.
Sources of Information: I encourage you to be selective in your sources of information. Many organizations are putting out accurate and helpful information. However, not all sources understand the uniqueness of church dynamics and United Methodist polity – how local churches are connected legally and relationally to the Conference; group ruling statuses; clergy tax status, etc. See below for those sources best equipped to offer information:
Helpful Documents: All of the above sources have an abundance of resources on their websites. See below for a link to a few significant documents. Also note – please check the date on any documents you read. Rules and implementing guidelines are changing rapidly. Even the most trusted sources have released updated versions of documents in light of changes.
- Treasury and SBA PPP Guidelines
Wespath/GCFA PPP Guidance Document: Our partners at Wespath and GCFA have provided a new guidance document for churches seeking to participate in the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Loan Application Guidance Tool for UMC Local Churches