Churches recognize/ thank their Scout program
Sunday, Feb 10, 2019 (nationally Boy Scout Sunday is Feb 3 next year; but since Methodist churches have communion on the 1st Sunday, Scout Sunday is recommended on the 2nd Sunday; churches can hold Scout Sunday on any February Sunday they wish)
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts & their leaders, parents and family members.
- Allow Scouts to open worship with a color guard and pledge
- Recognize scouts & scout leaders in front of church
- Present awards (Religious Awards from P.R.A.Y., Adult and Youth)
- Use Scouts & Leaders as , Greeters, Ushers, Scripture Readers
- Include a Youth sermon (conducted by a mature scout)
Start planning by talking with your Senior Minister and Scout leaders to decide what activities you'd like to include and to get your packs, troops & crew involved and promoting early.
Contact the Conference Scouting Coordinator, Steve Bays with any questions on scouting or the religious awards programs. E-mail: email@example.com